(*FREE*) Discourse on the Method Illustrated PDF/EPUB/EBOOK

Read or Download Discourse on the Method Illustrated Online

Discourse on the Method Illustrated Customer Reviews
:- 5.0 out of 5 stars from Joseph Dyer -- Five Stars : Best translation I've read. Good supplemental material as well. ( Reviewed in the United States on December 29, 2014 )
- 2.0 out of 5 stars from James Guarascio -- Kindle edition : This copy had only a few mistakes and was not written in old English like some others so I appreciated the translation. 2 stars because I'm definitely NOT a Cartesian. Further, only part 4 really had much philosophical meat. ( Reviewed in the United States on November 10, 2015 )
- 1.0 out of 5 stars from G. Frome -- translation? : Wow. I bought the Kindle edition with Descart's face on the cover. It took me about 1/2 page (though I read another page) to realize that it must have been translated by a first year student. ( Reviewed in the United States on November 20, 2021 )
- 2.0 out of 5 stars from markp -- Neigh impossible to read : before you buy this book make sure to try the sample. This translation is quite the mess. Many sentences run on forever and have poorly conjugated verbs. ( Reviewed in the United States on March 31, 2021 )
- 2.0 out of 5 stars from G. Murphy -- Poor translation : When my daughter who is studying French at Uni said to me it was far easier to read in French, I thought she was being inadvertently cool, but having read it I understood fully what she meant. I think if you'd chucked the whole French text through babelfish it would have been a better effort. "In fine..." - what sort of English is that?? How about "In summary..." instead? Translation aside it is an exercise in verbosity. Aside from his most famous, "I think therefore I am" statement there are some relatively interesting aspects to it - at the end of Parts 2 and 3, where he talks about breaking tasks down etc. But you could glean the essence of the whole book on 2 sides of A4. I only read it so I could read my daughter's essays on the subject, but it felt like learning for learning's sake. In fairness I think you either resonate with historic philosophical works or not and I guess I don't. If you do, poor translation and smatterings of false modesty aside maybe you'l love it. At least it isn't a long book. ( Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 9, 2013 )
- 3.0 out of 5 stars from Kez -- Kindle Edition : if you could have the publication details (especially the year) in the book, it's confusing especially as you can see two different publishers on the shopping page. ( Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 25, 2020 )
- 3.0 out of 5 stars from Jayne Sullivan -- Three Stars : Ok ( Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 12, 2017 )
- 5.0 out of 5 stars from Alessandro Pagano Pagano -- Libro difficilmente reperibile in libreria puntualmente consegnato : Molto semplice procurarsi il libro in inglese - altrimenti in libreria a Napoli avrei dovuto girare.... senza essere sicuro di trovarlo - e recapitato a casa senza alcun problema e puntualmente. ( Reviewed in Italy on August 23, 2015 )
- 4.0 out of 5 stars from HamaNeko -- 哲学の一つの源流 : デカルトのこの本は、現在でも頻繁に引用される、哲学の源流の一つです。高校生の頃、英語の勉強のために読んで、その内容に強いインパクトを受けた。50年経った今、もう一度読んでみた。 ( Reviewed in Japan on May 30, 2021 )
Discourse on the Method Illustrated Related Product may you like
:Aug 3, 2021 — Goodreads Helps You Keep Track Of Books You Want To Read. Start By Marking “Discourse On The Method:Illustrated Edition” As Want To Read:. Jan 6, 2021 — Discourse On The Method Of Rightly Conducting One's Reason And Of Seeking Truth In The Sciences Is A Philosophical And Autobiographical May 4, 2021 — Published In The 17Th Century, Discourse On The Method Is Considered One Of The Most Profound And Influential Works On Philosophy. Rating: 1 1 Review Discourse On The Method Of Rightly Conducting One's Reason And Of Seeking Truth In The Sciences Is A Philosophical And Autobiographical Treatise Published Read "Discourse On The Method Illustrated" By René Descartes Available From Rakuten Kobo. Discourse On The Method Of Rightly Conducting One's Reason And Of Discourse on The Method:Illustrated Edition Discourse on the Method Illustrated Discourse on the Method(illustrated edition) by René ... Discourse on Method Illustrated a book by René Descartes Discourse on the Method Illustrated eBook by René Descartes
0 komentar